Find a roofer in Malden, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your home. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Malden, WA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance contractors in Malden, WA. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient option to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our platform.