Find a roofer in Lyle, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Lyle, WA
You can rely on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Lyle, WA. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and hire the best candidate for the job.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and needs attention immediately. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient solution to hire the best contractors for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.