Find a roofer in Longview, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Longview, WA. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to delay the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Longview, WA
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Longview, WA. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and hire the best candidate for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free option to hire the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.