Find a roofer in Latah, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire home. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Latah, WashingtonHome // Washington // Latah
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Latah, Washington
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Latah, Washington. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, book an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy option to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our app.