Find a roofer in Lake Stevens, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really stall the project. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Lake Stevens, WashingtonHome // Washington // Lake Stevens
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Lake Stevens, Washington
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Lake Stevens, Washington. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our app also collects useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free way to find the right companies for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our app.