Find a roofer in Kirkland, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Kirkland, WashingtonHome // Washington // Kirkland
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Kirkland, WA
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Kirkland, WA. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, so you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for the job.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Apart from having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many professional contractors available to help. With our powerful app, you can get the best roofing maintenance services in Kirkland, WA. Find the perfect contractor for your home now.