Find a roofer in Kent, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Washington // Kent
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
At which point should I consider having a roof inspection conducted?
Most roofing professionals recommend twice-yearly roof inspections since regular inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not having an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What is the typical cost of replacement services from a roofer?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What rate can be expected to fix my roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a professional.
Major repairs do require experience and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Which is the ideal season for roofing services?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get in touch with a roofing professional for roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a good time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a roofer. This is why winter could be a more convenient time to call a roofer.
Many roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Kent, WA
When you need roofing maintenance services in Kent, WA, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you’re looking for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see that a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy solution to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our platform.