Find a roofer in Kent, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a common time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This is why winter could be an easier time to schedule.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Kent, WashingtonHome // Washington // Kent
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Kent, Washington
You can rely on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Kent, Washington. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, so you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for your project.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.