Find a roofer in Kelso, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the normal duration to replace a roof?
The time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this can really delay the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which time is best to arrange for my roof evaluated?
The majority of roofing professionals recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof since regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
How much does a roofer charge for replacement?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several things that will determine the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
How much should I budget for rooftop repair expenses?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Major repairs do require the attention of a roofer and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Kelso, WA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in Kelso, WA. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy option to hire the right companies for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.