Find a roofer in Harrington, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When is the ideal season to get your roof serviced?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be an easier time to call a roofer.
A lot of roofers are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the rate for most roofing contractors per square foot?
Services for your roof can cost around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the materials and the labor. Of course, how expensive it will be will change with the products that are being used for the job.
What's the approximate time required for building a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Harrington, Washington. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
What is the recommended timing for booking a roofing appointment?
The majority of roofing professionals recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof since regular check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Harrington, Washington
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Harrington, Washington. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy way to find the best contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our app.