Find a roofer in Greenacres, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can call a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a good time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be an easier time to schedule.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Greenacres, Washington
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Greenacres, Washington. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to assist. With our easy-to-use app, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Greenacres, Washington. Find the perfect contractor for your property today.