Find a roofer in Grand Coulee, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Grand Coulee, Washington
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Grand Coulee, Washington. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free option to find the right companies for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.