Find a roofer in Gig Harbor, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Washington // Gig Harbor
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the timeframe to build a new roof?
The time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Gig Harbor, Washington. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
What is the right time to request a roof inspection?
Many roofing contractors recommend biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
What is the normal price for roof replacement services from a roofer?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Usually, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What are the normal costs related to repairing a roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Major repairs do require experience and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Gig Harbor, Washington
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in Gig Harbor, Washington. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient option to find the right professionals for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our app.