Find a roofer in Gig Harbor, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in Gig Harbor, WA. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Gig Harbor, WA
You can depend on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Gig Harbor, WA. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and hire the right candidate for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to help. With our powerful app, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Gig Harbor, WA. Find the right contractor for your property right away.