Find a roofer in Federal Way, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Washington // Federal Way
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the normal price for roof replacement services from a roofer?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
What kind of prices are affiliated with repairing a roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs do require the attention of a roofer and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the normal rate roofers charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products and the labor. Needless to say, the overall cost will change with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What is the normal period of time to rebuild a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing professional will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Federal Way, WA
You can depend on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Federal Way, WA. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, so you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for your project.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and needs attention immediately. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.