Find a roofer in Federal Way, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Usually, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Federal Way, WashingtonHome // Washington // Federal Way
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Federal Way, WA
If you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in Federal Way, WA, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing experts you'll discover on our site have the experience you need for your project. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free option to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.