Find a roofer in Farmington, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be an easier time for services.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your home. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Farmington, Washington
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in Farmington, Washington. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to help. With our user-friendly app, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Farmington, Washington. Find the right contractor for your home right away.