Find a roofer in Ephrata, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the typical period of time to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
What is the appropriate occasion to book a roof inspection?
Many roofing professionals advise getting biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having an inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What is the standard rate charged by roofing contractors for a replacement job?
It’s hard to come up with a precise amount on how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
How much can it cost to maintain the roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should contact an expert.
Major repairs call for experience and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Ephrata, Washington
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Ephrata, Washington. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient option to hire the best companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our app.