Find a roofer in Des Moines, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Des Moines, WashingtonRoofing // Washington // Des Moines
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When during the year is good for a roofing project?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a good time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the customary price per square foot that roofing contractors charge?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, the cost factor will vary with the products that are being used for the job.
What's the estimated time needed for building a replacement roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer can come up with a timeline for the job.
When should a roof inspection be done?
The majority of roofing professionals suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof since routine inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Des Moines, Washington
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Des Moines, Washington. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and find the best candidate for the job.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified roofers available to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Des Moines, Washington. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your property right away.