Find a roofer in Chelan, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Chelan, Washington
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Chelan, Washington. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see that some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.