Find a roofer in Camano Island, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Camano Island, Washington. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this can really postpone the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several things that will establish the total cost. Usually, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Camano Island, WashingtonHome // Washington // Camano Island
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Camano Island, Washington
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Camano Island, Washington. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient way to hire the right professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our platform.