Find a roofer in Buckley, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Buckley, Washington
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Buckley, Washington. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for the job.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.