Find a roofer in Brewster, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in Brewster, WA. Storms will make working conditions awful and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Brewster, WA
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Brewster, WA, then our platform is the answer. The roofing contractors featured on our site have the skills and experience you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's important to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to help. With our user-friendly platform, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Brewster, WA. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your home now.