Find a roofer in Bremerton, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the usual price for replacement services from a roofer?
It’s difficult to come up with a precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Usually, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
What is the approximate cost for fixing a rooftop?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Major repairs call for experience and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
What is the normal rate roofing contractors charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products being used and the labor. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will differ depending on what materials are being used for your project.
What's the timeframe to restore a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really delay the project. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Bremerton, Washington
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Bremerton, Washington, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our app also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy way to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.