Find a roofer in Bellingham, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Bellingham, WashingtonHome // Washington // Bellingham
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Bellingham, Washington
When you need roofing maintenance services in Bellingham, Washington, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing companies featured on our site have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's crucial to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient solution to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.