Find a roofer in Belfair, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a common time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time for services.
Many roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such an essential component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Belfair, WA
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Belfair, WA. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.