Find a roofer in Bainbridge Island, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time to book.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Bainbridge Island, WashingtonHome // Washington // Bainbridge Island
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Bainbridge Island, WA
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Bainbridge Island, WA, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing project.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to help. With our streamlined app, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Bainbridge Island, WA. Find the right contractor for your house today.