Find a roofer in Auburn, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get in touch with a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a great time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a better time for services.
Many roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Auburn, WashingtonHome // Washington // Auburn
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Auburn, WA
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Auburn, WA. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and hire the best professional for your project.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient way to hire the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our platform.