Find a roofer in Allyn, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be a better time to call a contractor.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Allyn, WA
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Allyn, WA, there's no better way to go about it. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
It's crucial to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to assist. With our streamlined app, you can get the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Allyn, WA. Find the right contractor for your property today.