Find a roofer in Aberdeen, Washington
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the normal price charged by roofers for a replacement project?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What is the cost for repairing a roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should reach out to a roofing professional.
Major repairs do require experience and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
What is the normal price roofing contractors charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost factor will change with the products that are being used for the job.
What is the usual period of time for a roof replacement?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Aberdeen, WA. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to delay the project. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Aberdeen, WA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing maintenance companies in Aberdeen, WA. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to help. With our powerful app, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Aberdeen, WA. Get the roofing services you need for your house now.