Find a roofer in Wilmington, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can contact a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be a more convenient time to schedule.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire home. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Wilmington, VT
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Wilmington, VT. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to assist. With our easy-to-use app, you can find the best roofing maintenance services in Wilmington, VT. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your property today.