Find a roofer in Westminster, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When is inspecting my roof required?
Most roofers advise getting biannual roof inspections since regular inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
How do roofing contractors typically charge for labor for a replacement?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What are the typical costs related to repairing a roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major do require specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
At which time of the year should I schedule services with a roofing professional?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be a better time to book.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Westminster, VT
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Westminster, VT. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for your project.
Our site also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of qualified roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy solution to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our app.