Find a roofer in West Townshend, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in West Townshend, Vermont. Storms will make working conditions awful and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near West Townshend, Vermont
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in West Townshend, Vermont. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for your project.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.