Find a roofer in Waterville, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Waterville, VT
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Waterville, VT, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing contractors you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you need for the job at hand. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Find someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.