Find a roofer in Townshend, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be an easier time for services.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Townshend, VT
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Townshend, VT, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient option to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.