Find a roofer in Swanton, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this is going to delay the job. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several things that will determine the total cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Swanton, Vermont
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Swanton, Vermont. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free solution to find the right companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.