Find a roofer in Stowe, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to postpone the job. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Commonly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Stowe, Vermont
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Stowe, Vermont. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a professional, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.