Find a roofer in Shoreham, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Shoreham, VT. Storms will put a damper on work and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Shoreham, VT
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Shoreham, VT, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing contractors you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.