Find a roofer in Sharon, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such an essential part of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Sharon, Vermont
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Sharon, Vermont, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free way to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.