Find a roofer in Putney, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
How long does it take for a roofer to replace a roof?
The time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
When is inspecting my roof needed?
Many roofers advise getting biannual roof inspections since regular inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not getting an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
How much will a roofing professional charge for replacement?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What kind of prices are related to repairing a roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should contact an expert.
Any repairs that are major call for the attention of a professional and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Putney, VT
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Putney, VT. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and hire the right professional for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.