Find a roofer in Mount Holly, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the approximate time required for building a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Mount Holly, VT. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
At what moment should I consider having an inspection for my roof?
Many roofers advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof since routine check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What should I anticipate to pay a roofing contractor for a roof replacement?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
How much can it cost to repair the roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major do require experience and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Mount Holly, VT
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Mount Holly, VT. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.