Find a roofer in Milton, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
How long does it typically take to get a roof?
The time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in Milton, VT. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor can come up with a timeline for the job.
At which point should I think about getting an inspection for my roof?
Many roofing contractors recommend biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting an inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
At what cost does a roofing specialist charge for a roof replacement?
It’s challenging to come up with a precise amount on how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What is the price range for repairing a rooftop?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should contact a roofer.
Any repairs that are major call for specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Milton, VT
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Milton, VT. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free solution to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our app.