Find a roofer in Lowell, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be an easier time to schedule.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Lowell, Vermont
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Lowell, Vermont. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for your project.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient way to find the right companies for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.