Find a roofer in Jamaica, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in Jamaica, VT. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this is going to stall the project. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several things that will determine the total cost. Typically, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Jamaica, VT
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Jamaica, VT. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.