Find a roofer in Jacksonville, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a better time for services.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Jacksonville, VT
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Jacksonville, VT. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Jacksonville, VT. Get the roofing services you need for your home today.