Find a roofer in Hinesburg, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to delay the job. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Hinesburg, Vermont
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Hinesburg, Vermont. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers available to assist. With our streamlined app, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Hinesburg, Vermont. Get the premium roofing services you need for your home right away.