Find a roofer in Hartland, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Vermont // Hartland
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the estimated time needed for building a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Hartland, VT. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to delay the project. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional can estimate a timeline for the project.
When should a roof inspection be done?
Most roofers suggest biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What is the typical price charged by roofers for a roof replacement project?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What is the approximate rate for fixing a roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should contact a roofer.
Major repairs do require specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Hartland, VT
If you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in Hartland, VT, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient option to hire the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our platform.