Find a roofer in Hartland, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Hartland, VT. Storms will make working conditions awful and this can really postpone the project. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Hartland, VT
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Hartland, VT. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, so you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and hire the right professional for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.