Find a roofer in Hardwick, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in Hardwick, VT. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really stall the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Hardwick, VT
When you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Hardwick, VT, then our platform is the answer. The roofing contractors you'll discover on our site have the experience you need for the job at hand. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to help. With our easy-to-use app, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Hardwick, VT. Get the premium roofing services you need for your house today.