Find a roofer in Groton, Vermont
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Groton, VT. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really stall the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Groton, VT
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in Groton, VT. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, book an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.